A1. COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- A1A. Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations
- A1B. Business Products
- A1C. Business Services
Includes programs that aim to improve relations with, or seek to win the support or cooperation of, people or organizations in communities in which the sponsoring organization has an interest, need or opportunity. “Community” in this category refers to a specific geographic location or locations.
A2. CONTENT MARKETING
- A2A. Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations
- A2B. Business Products
- A2C. Business Services
- A2D. Consumer Products
- A2E. Consumer Services
Programs that effectively demonstrate a strategic program that includes creating and distributing valuable content to attract, acquire, and engage target audience(s). Include examples and metrics.
A3. CRISIS COMMUNICATIONS
Includes programs undertaken to deal with an unplanned event that required an immediate response.
A4. EVENTS AND OBSERVANCES – MORE THAN SEVEN DAYS
Includes programs or events, such as commemorations, observances, openings, yearlong anniversaries, celebrations or other special activities carried out in eight or more days.
A5. EVENTS AND OBSERVANCES – SEVEN OR FEWER DAYS
Includes programs or events, such as commemorations, observances, openings, yearlong anniversaries, celebrations or other special activities carried out in seven days or fewer.
A6. FINANCIAL COMMUNICATIONS
Includes programs directed to shareowners, other investors and the investment community.
A7. GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS
Includes any type of program, such as Reputation/Brand Management, Marketing or Events and Observances, that demonstrates effective global communications implemented in more than one country.
A8. INFLUENCER MARKETING TO EXPAND AWARENESS
Program that focuses on using paid spokespeople and key leaders to increase awareness and drive your brand’s message to the larger market.
A9. INTEGRATED COMMUNICATIONS
- A9A. Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations
- A9B. Business to Business
- A9C. Consumer Products
- A9CA. Food & Beverage
- A9CB. Non-Packaged Goods
- A9CC. Packaged Goods
- A9CD. Retail Stores and Restaurants
- A9D. Consumer Services
Includes any program that demonstrates leadership of public relations strategies and tactics in a creative and effective integrated campaign, along with other marketing or communications. The program must demonstrate the clear leadership of public relations, along with its integration with other disciplines.
A10. INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
- A10A. Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations
- A10B. Business
- A10BA. Fewer Than 1,000 Employees
- A10BB. 1,000 to 10,000 Employees
- A10BC. More Than 10,000 Employees
Includes programs targeted specifically to special publics directly allied with an organization, such as employees, members, affiliated dealers and franchisees.
A11. ISSUES MANAGEMENT
For programs undertaken to deal with issues that could extraordinarily affect ongoing business strategy.
- A12A. Business To Business
- A12AA. Products
- A12AB. Professional and/or Financial Services
- A12B. Consumer Products
- A12BA. Food and Beverages
- A12BB. Health Care
- A12BC. Non-Packaged Goods
- A12BD. Packaged Goods
- A12BE. Retail Stores and Restaurants
- A12BF. Technology
- A12C. Consumer Services
- A12CA. Financial Services
- A12CB. Health Care Services
- A12CC. Technology
- A12CD. Travel and Tourism/Hospitality
Includes programs designed to introduce new products/services, or promote existing products/services to a particular audience.
A13. MOST EFFECTIVE CAMPAIGN ON A $5,000 TO $10,000 BUDGET
- A13A. Associations
- A13B. Government
- A13C. Nonprofit Organizations
- A13D. Business
Effective campaign delivered within parameters of a limited budget. This does not include staff time and overhead.
A14. MOST EFFECTIVE CAMPAIGN ON A SHOE STRING BUDGET ($5,000 OR LESS)
- A14A. Associations
- A14B. Government
- A14C. Nonprofit Organizations
- A14D. Business
Successful campaign despite constraints of a small budget. This does not include staff time and overhead.
A15. MOST EFFECTIVE CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY CAMPAIGN
Program that enhances a corporate reputation and demonstrates a business approach to initiatives that positively impact society. Campaigns to highlight the positive impact that they have had delivering economic, social and environmental benefits to stakeholders.
A16. MULTICULTURAL PUBLIC RELATIONS
For any type of program, such as institutional, marketing and community relations, specifically targeted to a cultural group.
A17. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
- A17A. Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations
- A17B. Business
Includes programs specifically designed to influence public policy and/or affect legislation, regulations, political activities or candidacies — at the local, state or federal government levels — so that the entity funding the program benefits.
A18. PUBLIC SERVICE
- A18A. Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations
- A18B. Business
- A18C. Partnerships (Funded jointly by businesses and other organizations, including nonprofit and government)
Includes programs that advance public understanding of societal issues, problems or concerns.
A19. REPUTATION/BRAND MANAGEMENT
- A19A. Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations
- A19B. Business
- A19BA. Companies With Sales Up to $50 Million
- A19BB. Companies With Sales of More Than $50 Million to $500 Million
- A19BC. Companies With Sales of More Than $500 Million to $10 Billion
- A19BD. Companies With Sales Over $10 Billion
Programs designed to enhance, promote or improve the reputation of an organization with its publics or key elements of its publics, either proactively or in response to an issue, event or market occurrence.
Best of Show
All entries that win a Pinnacle Award in the Campaigns category are automatically considered for the Best of Show award.