PR-1. PUBLIC SERVICE
Includes programs that advance public understanding of societal issues, problems, or concerns.
- 1A. Business
- 1B. Government
- 1C. Associations
- 1D. Nonprofit Organizations
- 1E. Partnerships (Funded jointly by businesses and other organizations, including nonprofit and government)
PR-2. MARKETING CONSUMER PRODUCTS
Includes programs designed to introduce new products or promote existing products to a consumer audience.
- 2A. Health Care
- 2B. Technology
- 2C. Food
- 2D. Beverages
- 2E. Retail Stores and Restaurants
- 2F. Packaged Goods
- 2G. Non-Packaged Goods
- 2H. Other (Categories not elsewhere defined)
PR-3. MARKETING CONSUMER SERVICES
Includes programs designed to introduce new services or promote existing services to a consumer audience.
- 3A. Travel and Tourism/Hospitality
- 3B. Health Care Services
- 3C. Technology
- 3D. Financial Services
- 3E. Other (Categories not elsewhere defined)
PR-4. MARKETING BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS
Includes programs designed to introduce new products, or promote existing products or services to a business audience.
- 4A. Professional and/or Financial Services
- 4B. Products
- 4C. Other (Categories not elsewhere defined)
PR-5. INTEGRATED COMMUNICATIONS
Includes any program that demonstrates leadership of public relations strategies and tactics in a creative and effective integrated campaign, along with other marketing or communications. The program must demonstrate the clear leadership of public relations, along with its integration with other disciplines.
- 5A. Consumer Products – Food & Beverage
- 5B. Consumer Products – Retail Stores and Restaurants
- 5C. Consumer Products – Packaged Goods
- 5D. Consumer Products – Non-Packaged Goods
- 5E. Consumer Services
- 5F. Business to Business
- 5G. Government
- 5H. Associations
- 5I. Nonprofit Organizations
PR-6. EVENTS AND OBSERVANCES (SEVEN OR FEWER DAYS)
Includes programs or events scheduled for one to seven consecutive days (not including planning and preparation). Events may include commemorations, observances, openings, celebrations, or other special activities, and must occur within a time span of one week.
- 6A. Consumer Products
- 6B. Consumer Services
- 6C. Business to Business
- 6D. Government
- 6E. Associations
- 6F. Nonprofit Organizations
PR-7. EVENTS AND OBSERVANCES (MORE THAN SEVEN DAYS)
Includes programs or events that take place for longer than a one-week period, such as a yearlong anniversary, or activities (commemorations, observances, celebrations, etc.)
- 7A. Business — Products
- 7B. Business — Services
- 7C. Government
- 7D. Associations/Nonprofit Organizations
PR-8. REPUTATION/BRAND MANAGEMENT
Programs designed to enhance, promote, or improve the reputation of an organization with its publics or key elements of its publics, either proactively or in response to an issue, event or market occurrence.
- 8A. Business — Companies With Sales Up to $50 Million
- 8B. Business — Companies With Sales Up to $500 Million
- 8C. Business — Companies With Sales of More Than $500 Million to $10 Billion
- 8D. Business — Companies With Sales Over $10 Billion
- 8E. Government
- 8F. Associations
- 8G. Nonprofit Organizations
PR-9. COMMUNITY RELATIONS
Includes programs that aim to improve relations with, or seek to win the support or cooperation of, people or organizations in communities in which the sponsoring organization has an interest, need, or opportunity. “Community” in this category refers to a specific geographic location or locations.
- 9A. Business — Products
- 9B. Business — Services
- 9C. Government
- 9D. Associations/Nonprofit Organizations
PR-10. INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
Includes programs targeted specifically to special publics directly allied with an organization, such as employees, members, affiliated dealers, and franchisees.
- 10A. Business (Fewer Than 1,000 Employees)
- 10B. Business (Fewer Than 10,000 Employees)
- 10C. Business (More Than 10,000 Employees)
- 10D. Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations
PR-11. MULTICULTURAL PUBLIC RELATIONS
For any type of program, such as institutional, marketing, and community relations, specifically targeted to a cultural group.
- 11A. Business
- 11B. Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations
PR-12. CRISIS COMMUNICATIONS
Includes programs undertaken to deal with an unplanned event that required an immediate response.
- 12A. Business
- 12B. Government
- 12C. Associations/Nonprofit Organizations
PR-13. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Includes programs specifically designed to influence public policy and/or affect legislation, regulations, political activities, or candidacies — at the local, state, or federal government levels — so that the entity funding the program benefits.
- 13A. Business
- 13B. Associations/Nonprofit Organizations
- 13C. Government
PR-14. ISSUES MANAGEMENT
For programs undertaken to deal with issues that could extraordinarily affect ongoing business strategy.
- 14A. Business
- 14B. Government
- 14C. Associations/Nonprofit Organizations
PR-15. GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS
Includes any type of program, such as Reputation/Brand Management, Marketing, or Events and Observances, that demonstrates effective global communications implemented in more than one country.
PR-16. INVESTOR RELATIONS
Includes programs directed to shareowners, other investors and the investment community.
Best of Show
All entries that win a Pinnacle Award in the Public Relations Programs category are automatically considered for the Best of Show award.