PRSA Las Vegas Valley Chapter Announces Winners of 13th Annual Pinnacle Awards
November 12, 2009
Las Vegas, NV — Thirteen turned out to be a lucky number for MassMedia Corporate Communications. The Las Vegas agency took home both the Best of Show award for Public Relations Programs and the Best of Show award for Tools and Techniques at the Public Relations Society of America – Las Vegas Valley Chapter’s 13th annual Pinnacle Awards Ceremony, held November 12 at the Springs Preserve.
Michelle Mosbacher with Harrah’s Entertainment took home the award for Newcomer of the Year.
MassMedia received its Best of Show award for Public Relations Programs for its “Supporting Nevada’s Children Campaign” developed for the State of Nevada Division of Welfare and Supportive Services. This campaign also earned a Pinnacle Award in the Marketing Communications category. The agency received its Best of Show award for Tools and Techniques for the Southern Nevada Real Estate Monthly Newsletter. This piece earned a Pinnacle Award in the Newsletters category.
Pinnacle entries are accepted in two divisions, Public Relations Programs and Tools and Techniques, which include a combined 32 subcategories. Three award levels are presented: Award of Merit, Award of Excellence, and Pinnacle Award. Best of Show awards are given to the top entries in each category. This year the chapter also presented its individual award for Newcomer of the Year, which recognized an outstanding practitioner who has been in full-time practice for less than five years.
The Pinnacle Awards competition is open to public relations professionals, agencies, and non-profit and public and private sector organizations in southern Nevada, southern Utah and northern Arizona.
“This annual awards program allows our dedicated public relations professionals to showcase their finest work, and this year was no exception,” said Diane Gibes, president of the PRSA Las Vegas Valley Chapter. “While we, too, have felt the impact of this current economic climate, it has not hampered our industry’s resilience, our dedication to our profession or the quality of the public relations programming in the Las Vegas valley whose professionals continue to raise the bar year after year. On behalf of PRSA and the Board of Directors, I want to extend my congratulations to all the winners!”
The 2009 Pinnacle Award Winners are:
- Cox Communications – “Cox & here! Networks – Proud to Show our PRIDE!”
- Cox Communications – “Cox Las Vegas 2008 Community Report & Success Journal”
- Las Vegas Valley Water District – “LVVWD.COM”
- Las Vegas Valley Water District – “Hydroweb”
- Southern Nevada Water Authority – “SNWA Watering Compliance Postcards”
- Touro University and eurie creative “Touro University Nevada Patient Clinic Mailer”
- Newsletter: One to Two Colors
- MassMedia Corporate Communications – “Southern Nevada Real Estate Monthly Newsletter”
- MassMedia Corporate Communications – “Supporting Nevada’s Children Campaign” for State of Nevada Division of Welfare and Supportive Services
The Pinnacle Awards are judged by out-of-state, accredited PRSA members with previous judging experience and exceptional personal public relations practitioner accomplishments. A complete list of winners is available at PRSAPinnacleAwards.com.
About PRSA-Las Vegas Valley Chapter (PRSA-LVVC)
The Las Vegas Valley Chapter of PRSA was formed with six members in 1975 when it was called the Nevada Chapter of PRSA. The chapter has grown to include nearly 130 members and is operated by a volunteer board governed by local and national bylaws. PRSA-LVVC provides a variety of benefits including monthly luncheon seminars with guest speakers, professional development workshops, continuing education certification in partnership with UNLV, the Pinnacle Awards, scholarships for local college and university public relations students, a job bank, membership directory and mixers. Visit PRSALasVegas.com for more information.
About the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
The Public Relations Society of America (prsa.org), based in New York City, is the world’s largest organization for public relations professionals. The Society has more than 30,000 professional and student members. PRSA is organized into 112 Chapters nationwide, 19 Professional Interest Sections, along with Affinity Groups, which represent business and industry, counseling firms, independent practitioners, military, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional services firms and nonprofit organizations. The Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) has 278 Chapters at colleges and universities throughout the United States.
All 2009 Winners
The PRSA Las Vegas Valley Chapter congratulates our 2009 Pinnacle Awards winners.
Newcomer of the Year
- Michelle Mosbacher, Harrah’s Entertainment
Best of Show Awards
- Supporting Nevada’s Children Campaign, State of Nevada Division of Welfare and Supportive Services – MassMedia Corporate Communications
Tools and Techniques
- Southern Nevada Real Estate Monthly Newsletter – MassMedia Corporate Communications
- Cox Las Vegas 2008 Community Report & Success Journal – Cox Communications
- Watering Compliance Postcards – Southern Nevada Water Authority Public Information
- Touro University Nevada Patient Clinic Mailer – Touro University Nevada, eurie creative
- LVVWD.COM – Las Vegas Valley Water District.
- Hydroweb – Las Vegas Valley Water District
- Cox & here! Networks – Proud to Show our PRIDE! – Cox Communications
Awards of Excellence
- 2008-2009 Annual Report – Regional Flood Control District
- Touro University Nevada Children’s Friendship Training brochure – Touro University Nevada Center for Autism & Developmental Disabilities, eurie creative
- “For Your Health” – Employee Communications for Tobacco Free Companies – St. Rose Dominican Hospitals, Communications Department
- “Don’t Trash Clark County/Car Wash” PSA – Regional Flood Control District
- RTC Traffic Report – Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada
- Clark County Courts Traffic Amnesty – Clark County Courts
- Launch of Cox Digital Telephone in Boulder City – Cox Communications
- San Martin ER Quick Volume Building Campaign – St. Rose Dominican Hospitals, Communications Department
- St. Rose Dominican Hospitals Media Kit – St. Rose Dominican Hospitals
- Spanish-language Flood Safety Campaign 2009 – Language Sources, Clark County Flood Control District
News Magazine Video/Show
- The Flood Channel #74 – Play Ball – Regional Flood Control District
- Water Smart Landscapes maintenance program – Southern Nevada Water Authority
- Touro University Nevada Patient Clinic campaign – Touro University Nevada, eurie creative Press Conferences
- Drive Safe – Save Lives news conference – Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada
Awards of Merit
- SNWA 2008 Annual Report – Southern Nevada Water Authority
Community Relations Programs
- A Neighborhood Celebration – Cox Communications, Faiss Foley Warren Public Relations
- Pittman Community Outreach – Purdue Marion & Associates, City of Henderson Redevelopment Agency
- Momentum newsletter – MGM MIRAGE
- Elections ’08 On Demand – Steve Schorr, Cox Communications
- Touro University Nevada Business Identity – Touro University Nevada, eurie creative
- Orthodontic Clinic Launch – The Ferraro Group, University of Southern Nevada
- MD News Article – MassMedia Corporate Communications
On line Communications
- Springs Preserve Outreach & Community Building – Las Vegas Valley Water District – Springs Preserve Electronic Communication
- 2009 Water Smart Calendar – Southern Nevada Water Authority
- Launch of Cox Digital Telephone in Boulder City
Quick Turnaround Programs
- H1N1 Flu Crisis Response – St. Rose Dominican Hospitals Communications Department
Special Events – $10,000-$25,000
- Digital Showcase Event – eurie creative, Graphics West
2009 Pinnacles Gallery
Photos by Brian Janis, Phototechnik International